Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Road Trip ... Yet Again ... :-)

A friend of mine is going through a bit of a life change and needed to get rid of a few sheep ... for now.  I looked at what I had sold her and decided that there were two that I'd LOVE to buy back.  Actually I'd have taken back everything that I sold her ... except for the cash ... and the space ... :-)

This friend is in the Ottawa area and that is where the wool shop that buys all of my fleeces that aren't sold to hand spinners is ... so ... I decided to make a Road Trip out of it ... just over 700 km!

I LOADED my truck with 55 fleeces ... and I DO mean loaded!  Fortunately, I was travelling alone, so I could even fill half of the front seat ... :-)
 I had never been to Carol's shop in Ottawa, Wabi Sabi, so it was fun to see that ... and to chat a bit with her.  She is doing some designer knitting for Pete and I, which is VERY cool!
 Above is PART of the pile of fleeces!  I didn't get the surplus from last year to Carol, so these are the surplus fleeces from TWO years ... 55 of them!  Since I will only have 27 sheep to shear this year, I doubt that I'll have many for her this year. 
 Her shop is lovely.  The first Shetland yarn that she had spun is on the top shelf, in all of its natural colours.
 What a colourful and cheerful place to be!  If you are in the area, PLEASE stop buy ... and tell them that 'Bill sent you' ... ;-)
Then it was on the Meagan's to pick up my ewes.  Meagan wasn't there, but her Mom, Sylvie was, and we had a great chat.  Sylvie and her husband Steve, made the wonderful stain glass lamps and window that I bartered for sheep.  I LOVE Sylvie's positive outlook and will always treasure the glass pieces as a reminder of this wonderful family.
I got my new / old girls loaded and was home before chore time.  Here they are ... WillowGarden Macaroon, the white ewe, out of Great Plains Sara (F1 Lightning) and Bramble Nick ( a Trevor son) ... and WillowGarden Vanessa Redgrave, a non-fading spotted moorit, out of a wonderful Dailley ewe that we called Carmel, and North Wind Holiday (F1 Holly).

What an awesome day!  Absolute proof that ... Life is good!

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

It was a true pleasure to spend some time with you. I really enjoy your positive outlook and kind heart of yours!