Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Start of an Acorn Forest

In the early fall, I spent a short while at a cottage with my grandson Will and his family. We had the greatest time doing lots of things ... but especially enjoyed gathering up acorns. We weren't too sure what to do with them, until Will suggested that we plant them and grow an Acorn Forest at Grandpa's farm. He likes this idea, because he sometimes thinks that he'd like to be a farmer on Grandpa's farm when he grows up.
So far, Will, there is just one Acorn Tree growing, but there are many others that are looking 'ready'. I'll look after them inside and then you and I can plant the forest next Spring! I love you, Will Stearman!

And once again ... I point out to you all ... that ... Life Is Good!

1 comment:

Franna said...

Acorns are supposed to be fantastic for finishing hogs!