Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

This Picture Changed My Life!

This picture was taken Christmas day. When I saw it, I hardly recognized myself. Who was that fat old man? I was out of breath just playing with my grandchildren and had trouble getting out of most comfortable chairs. Somehow I had managed to go from 168 pounds when I quit smoking in 2002 ... to 228 pounds at the end of 2009. That is a gain of 60 pounds!

There are so many wonderful things in my life (grand kids to name a few of them) ... and thus, I decided that I needed to take better care of myself so that I'd live to enjoy them for many more years.
So ... I bought a Wii Fit and joined Weight Watchers (on-line ... still not up to attending meetings ... hehehe). I'm down 40 pounds as of today ... down to 188 pounds of energy and enthusiasm. My goal is to be close to 168 by June 16th which is my 60th birthday.

Life is good!


6 comments:

Deb said...

Congratulations Bill - that's terrific!! I admire your determination and the will to stick with it. I've got 20 extra that I can't seem to shake and I can't be anymore active than I already am :)

Best of luck - What a splendid birthday your going to have :)

Deb
Tylerfarm Shetlands & Finn Sheep
Maine

Cynthia said...

No matter how we find ourselves Bill, it really is only important that we DO find ourselves.

You go guy.

Aagaard Farms said...

That is awesome, Bill!!! What I want to know is how you beat the cigarettes........that's one I still struggle with! Do you think my sis Keltie and that part of the Stearman clan would use the Wii Fit? Jack and Meg would probably hurt each other......
Norah

Vicki Foster said...

Good for you Bill! You GO!! and enjoy that birthday!!!

Michelle said...

You are an INSPIRATION!

Heidi said...

Way to go!

I can only agree with Michelle, you really are an inspiration.