Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

New Purchase!

My friend and fellow Ontario Shetland breeder, Sara Scholtes of Harmony Marsh Farm, just offered this guy to me for purchase today. Needless to say, I am taking him! He is out of sheep that I sold to Sara, but she seems to have a knack for breeding my sheep to each other, in ways I'd never think to, and producing awesome sheep that she then sells back to me ... LOL.

This guy, HarmonyMarsh Da Vinci, has an even fleece, is likely emsket, will likely be button scurred, and has a PINK nose! He is just three weeks old right now ... and I can hardly wait until he is old enough to come 'home' to Willow Garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pedigree? Perhaps if he matures and tests out well he is the one to import via semen into the lower half of N.A.?

Juliann said...

VERY cool! Gorgeous ram!
Good thinking Anon., I think we need to start collecting semen from our own rams. It would probably be less expensive than buying new rams from the other side of the country and having them shipped.