Pages

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Rams For Sale - some new ones added ... :-)

There isn't a ram in this group that I wouldn't use with my own flock. Most of them I have used, or will use this Fall before they go. All of them have awesome genetics that are somewhat rare in Canada.
WillowGarden Juice, a 2008 ram, is one of the nicest greys I have ever produced. He is out of Lugthart Starry Champion (F1 Greyling) and WillowGarden Chick Pea (F2 Greyling). I like him a lot.
WillowGarden Crush is the largest of my yearling rams. He is very correct and has a nice, even fleece. He is out of Underhill Thelonius Monk (F2 Minder, F3 Bothwell) and WillowGarden Cameroon (F2 Dillon, and Jamie, Holly, Timothy genetics). He produced amazing lambs last year and needs a farm that will put him to work!
UndertheSon Two Bars is also a yearling ram. He also needs a breeding home. I'd keep him, except that he is almost a double for FirthofFifth Aman, and I have limited space. He is out of UnderTheSon Torvus (F1 Orion) and UnderTheSon Ellie (Minder, Jamie, Greyling). He produce some nice lambs this year.
Above and below is the only ram lamb that I am making available as a lamb, WillowGarden Peter O'Toole. Peter is out of WillowGarden Guinea (F1 Glayva) and WillowGarden Shake (F2 Greyling, F3 Minder, and genetics from most of the UK imports into the US). It is hard to fault this guy ... and the genetics will be a boost to any flock.
FirthofFifth Lassig is a new addition to my sale list, and he may not stay on it for long. This boy is a dark emsket when his fleece is parted. He is out of Wintertime Blues (F1Jericho, F2 Drum Ram) and FirthofFifth Limana (a Wintertime Black Forrest daughter). I am keeping a beautiful son of his out of my Glayva/Hornblower lines.
Finally, another recent addition who I'd be happy to keep ... WillowGarden Garnish. Garnish (pictured above and below) is out of WillowGarden Nelson (F1 Hornblower, F3 Timothy, F3 Greyling) and WillowGarden Equatoria (F1 Glayva). He carries the polled gene and can throw horned rams when bred to ewes carrying horned ram genetics, or polled or scurred when bred to polled genetic carrying ewes. I like this guy a lot. He has the smaller, compact, square size that I like ... and a beautiful fleece.

No comments: