Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Expensive Hamburger ... or ... Cattle Coming ... :-)

Well ... today I made my decision ... and picked the Dexter cattle that will be coming to Willow Garden.
First, there is the 2008 heifer. She was a bottle baby and is quite tame. She is just going to hang out for a while and be a pet since she won't be old enough to breed for about a year. She LOVES to have the underside of her neck scratched ... :-).
Then there is a five year old cow coming. She also likes to have her neck scratched and is fairly quiet. She has a two week old red bull calf at her side. He is VERY cute, which is why I'm not posting a picture right away. He'll have a name like ... Stroganoff ... or Pot Roast ... or Bar B. Cue. Because of this, I'll post pictures when he is less cute ... hehehe
I have some prep to do before they arrive, but they'll likely arrive next weekend.
Oh ... and there is HALF a Dexter coming as well ... in a few weeks ... for my freezer ... hehehe
Life ... is very very good for this blessed old guy ... :-)

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Noooo...not the red too?! Awwwww....The blackies are cute too though :D