Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Open House, Sheep Shearing, Lamb Romp & 4H Barbecue

Once again, I got so busy with my shearing event that I forgot to take out my camera. Fortunately, my friend Greg came out from the big city and then emailed me the pictures that he took. Thank you, Greg!
My shearer is 6'5" and has always maintained that he didn't notice a difference when shearing my Shetlands. This year, he confessed that it is harder on his back bending way over for these little guys ... :-)
My friend, Elizabeth Ralston, came out and spun for the day. She had a display that showed the process from sheep to garment. She also bought a heap of fleeces. Thank you for taking the time to be part of the day Elizabeth!
Nora was totally NOT impressed with all of the people who came. She spend most of the day hiding behind the lilacs, but did come out to say 'Hi!' to Greg.
I think that the 4H kids did well with their barbecue, but I haven't heard an official figure yet.
We'll do it all again on the first Saturday in June, 2010.


4 comments:

Nancy K. said...

I'm glad you had a nice day for your big event!

What breed is Nora? She is breathtaking!

Rest now, my friend!

;-)

Bill Stearman said...

Nora is a Landseer Newfoundland Dog. She has the most awesome disposition.

Nancy K. said...

I've never heard of the Landseer Newfoundland. Are Newfies typically used as LGDs???

She sure is a beauty!

Bill Stearman said...

Hi Nancy,

Nora isn't a LGD. She actually sleeps at the foot of my bed ... and would sleep WITH me if she could ... :-). She is the most docile and loving 'house dog' I have ever known.

Sometimes she likes to THINK that she is a LGD ... but only until the sun goes down ... hehehe