Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Genetics

I thought I'd take a moment to introduce a new ram that is coming to Canada if he continues to develop the way that he is. He is from Juliann Budde's polled breeding program.His sire, pictured above is Sommarang Eragon S25849 . The link is to his NASSA pedigree. He has some interesting lines in his background. He is polled. He was micron tested in his second fleece ...AFD - 23.9 ... SD - 5.4 ... CV - 22.6.The dam, pictured above with my new little guy is Lil'Country Cleopatra .
Anyone who follows this blog knows that I have a very soft spot for pink noses ... :-)
Mr. Pink Nose, as Juliann calls him has not yet been named. I'm leaving that up to Juliann ... but it needs to be something better than 'Mr. Pink Nose'!
;-)

He is growing into an attractive ram. He should introduce some much needed new lines into my polled breeding program.

He won't be making the trip to Canada alone ... but you'll have to wait for introductions of the other(s) ... ;-)

10 comments:

Michelle said...

You lucky dog, you!

Juliann said...

Thank you so much for showcasing him, Bill! I'm sorry I haven't taken any recent photos of him, I've been sidetracked with some other projects.
Let's hear some suggestions for NAMES for this little fellow! Or "Mr. Pink Nose" he stays, lol!

Michelle said...

Since he looks like he has on a cape and mask, how about Zorro, Batman, The Lone Ranger, etc.?

Bill Stearman said...

Nice thought Michelle. But, since my naming theme is Acadamy Award Nominees, How about ... Antonio Banderos (Zorro) ... Adam West (Batman) ... or Clayton Moore (The Lone Ranger)?

Michelle said...

Well then, I'd HAVE to vote for Antonio, but Adam West would be a far less cumbersome name.

Juliann said...

I like Antonio Banderos!

Nancy K. said...

Me too!

And that's a gorgeous ram lamb!

Bill Stearman said...

I like Antonio Banderos, too Juliann. It would also make a great name for Mr Pink Nosed Dude ... ;-)

Juliann said...

Sounds like a plan. :)

DCAja said...

love it!
inka