Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

My New Roof

Some of you may wonder what my famous pickled eggs have to do with my new roof. Trust me, there IS a relationship ... :-)
My neighbours, who are experienced roofers are going to help me re-shingle my house ... :-). This will happen on Sunday, August 2nd. We picked Sunday because it is Pete's day off and we want him to join the fun!

Of course, It is my responsibility to make sure that we have adequate food and drink ... although MOST of the drink will be for AFTER folks are off the roof ... hehehe.

Anyway, my pickled eggs take a month to 'cure' so I am hard at making them today so they are ready for August 2nd. Above are 'Pickled Eggs With Beets'. These are my favourite and they are very pretty.

Next it will be 'Sweet and Sour Pickled Eggs', made with apple cider and cinnamon candy hearts along with other stuff. Tim liked these last time.

And, yes Chris, I am making some tradition 'Bar Style Pickled Eggs' for you ... :-)

NOTE ... Use small eggs as they pickle more quickly.

6 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Is your new roof going to be RED? I LOVE red roofs!

Never had a pickled egg and not likely to have one anytime soon....

;=)

Cynthia said...

Okay Bill, cough up the recipe for the candy heart eggs. My granddaughter would go nuts. Enjoy your event!

Franna said...

Bill, oh, Yes! Please post the recipes.
- Franna

PS. Wanna come a bit South and West to help with our roof next, hmmmm?

Richard Boles said...

Red Shingles, huh? Well, the idea is certainly not bad. If I'm not mistaken, you got the idea from your pickled eggs, right? I have to admit, even I was surprised when I first saw the pickled eggs.

Lue Madson said...

Sweet and sour pickled eggs made with apple cider and cinnamon sounds delicious! I’m sure your neighbor / experienced roofers will love to work with you! It was nice of you to prepare food for your neighbors! So, how’s your red roof now?

Keaton Oakes said...

The food you prepared for your neighbors look delicious! If I were to prepare something like that, I’ll use blueberry – for my blue shingles! If yours is red, mine would be blue.