Pages

Monday, March 09, 2009

Trailer Trash!

I was greeted this morning by twin lambs. This was a BIG surprise since my first lambs aren't due for two more weeks. But when I looked back on the lamb gestation chart, it all made sense!

These lambs were conceived on Canadian Thanksgiving last October ... the day that we took this ewe and three others to Rockton Fair! All four ewes and the two ram lambs were tied on short leads for the trailer ride home from the Fair.

Obviously, the leads were NOT short enough ... :-)

So ... last night, WillowGarden Kazinga, (F1 Todhill Glayva / F2 Shirehill Minder) gave birth to twin musket lambs, a ram and a ewe. The sire is WillowGarden Chill (Bramble Nick X SheltrgPines Irene).

They were hard to catch and had full bellies. They are in a jug with their mom while I get organized for tagging and selenium shots.

It is SUCH a treat not to have to WAIT for lambs!

I'll post pictures when I get home from work.

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Hurray! :)

Juliann said...

What a great story! Where there's a will, there's a way, lol! Gorgeous, typy little girl, congrats!