Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Gene took some pictures of my BFLs enjoying the fresh snow ... on a mild New Year's Eve day ... in the sun. Above, we have Platinum, Hetherington, and Brae.
And this is my favourite of the girls ... Beechtree Hazel. I am so much more partial to the coloured BFLs.

AND ... next weekend I will be heading for Michigan to bring back two more COLOURED (and bred) BFL ewes. Well ... at least the paperwork is done on the Canadian side ... now we just need to wait until January 2nd to get things processed State side. It will all be good. I have talked with everyone involved.

This will be an exciting Spring with ... 40 Shetland ewes bred to seven Shetland rams ... and ... seven BFL ewes and seven Shetlands bred to five BFL rams.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

It is good. You've had a fabulous year! Happy 2008!

Michelle said...

Stunning photos, as usual. Hectic lambing season coming up, also usual for you! Happy New Year!

Becky Utecht said...

Those girls are gorgeous Bill. Nice photos by Gene. Hetherington is the mother of my natural colored ram lamb, Granite. I agree with you about being partial to the natural colored BFLs.
I can't wait to see all your lambs this spring.

Kathy said...

What profound looking photos of the BFL - such regal Roman noses and I love those ears!

I can't wait to see what your BFL and BFLxShetland fleeces will look like, Bill. I love spinning BFL, although I've never found a colored fleece such as yours, just white and a beige-y "colored" roving I bought. What I have seen doesn't do your sheep the justice they deserve, from your photos. I can't wait for your posts on the lambs!

And yes, it IS good, isn't it?