Pages

Monday, January 07, 2008

Home Again

Well ... another marathon trip to Michigan ... and I am home with two new black patterned BFL ewes. Both bred ... :-) Both looking somewhat confused by the new surroundings.
It was late, cloudy, dull and approaching sunset when I went out to take pictures tonight, but at least you get the idea.

The darkest, and oldest, is Beechtree Miss Marple.

The lighter one, is Beechtree Sorrel.
Both are bred to different rams ... so ... my seven BFL ewes will, hopefully, deliver lambs from five BFL rams. That should surely give me a jump start on the new BFL portion of my flock ... ;-)

Life ... is very good.

3 comments:

Ewenique Border Collies said...

Very NICE girls..and I can't see any snow in the back of your pictures is it all gone?? We still have LOTS.

Kathy said...

Astounding! What beautiful "frosted" sheep you have, Bill! I can't wait to see the lambs AND these sheep in full fleece. Not being that familiar with BFL, I have to ask - will these girls have lustre to their fleeces as well as the silkiness I've noticed in the rovings I've spun?

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Wow very nice :) Can't wait to see the fleeces off these "kids". Have been spinning up the fleeces I got from you last year - smokey's fleece is now being knit into a sweater by a friend of mine and we're fighting for custody when its done (grin)