Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sheep ... Just Pics of Sheep That I Like ... ;-)


I went out yesterday ... with my camera ... to visit my sheep. I visit them many times a day, but rarely take my camera.

I decided today to post pictures of some of my more photogenic sheep.

Above is Beechtree Hazel, a coloured BFL. I MUST find a more Canadian term to use than ... 'coloured'. 'Coloured' ... is just soooo ... non Canadian ... hehehe
Above here is Great Plains Joanne. She is a domestic ewe that came from Carol Arthur. Although she is domestic ... she has one of the nicest fleeces in my flock.
This is Beechtree MacLaine. She is likely my softest BFL. I sure hope that she has ENOUGH fleece to handle our Canadian winter! BUT ... she is soooooo perfect!
This little dear is Willow Garden Tanganyka. She is a spotted gulmoget. I like her to bits!

And the next gulmoget spotted girl is Sierra. She is my most primitive ewe lamb ... but ... spotted, nicely conformed, and gulmoget. She is worth keeping ... ;-)The last little guy ... is a Grace grandson. His dam, Willow Garden Papaya is a dark mioget. His sire, Willow Garden Purslane is a light emsket. I am not sure what colour he will be. For a while I though shaela. Now ... maybe iset dark brown. Who knows?!? I am HAPPY to see that his horns are growing. (SORRY JULIANN ... but I just have sooo many things to focus on when I breed ... and the flock is shrinking ... so ... I am sticking to horns)

Off for an over-night with the Boler. Then back to work for a few days. AND THEN ... three days in Bon Echo Provincial Park. Photos will follow, of course.

I am also hoping next week to update my Africa project. To the two Carols who are matching my donation ... I have sold a LOT of sheep ... hehehe

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Hey Bill!

Hey, to each their own, right? If you love horns...better you than me, lol! ;)
That lamb is gorgeous, btw. Nice chunky body. I wonder what color he'll mature at.

stephen rouse said...

If Maclaine doesn't have enough wool to keep warm in canada, she can come to michigan! LOL