Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Delights at Bon Echo

On our first full day at Bon Echo Provincial Park, We hiked and took pictures for the whole day. It was GLORIOUS weather, and breath-taking sights were every where.

At the end of the day as we were headed home ... we came across a doe who stood for a great photo shoot. I was beside myself to have been given the opportunity.

The next morning, in my usual 'push buttons, but don't read the manual' mode ... I erased all 315 pictures that I took the day before. I decided that it was not life-threatening, immoral, or illegal ... so I let it go. But secretly ... I was sorry to have lost the deer pictures.

On the second day, we followed the same trail, at the same time in hopes of catching shots of the deer again. It was not meant to be, so we went back to the trailer to get supper ... which had been simmering all day in the slow cooker (camping in a Boler leaves that as an option ... ;-).

The next part of the story will show you what a truly blessed life I live. The pictures that follow show the gift that was given to me by my God who is always with me.

This doe wandered into our campsite and hung around while I took 40 pictures ... I even had to change batteries ... and then the memory card. But still she stayed with me ... until I was finished. Many times, I could have reached out and touched her.

What a gift!


Tomorrow, I am returning to Bon Echo, but just for a while. I am going to buy two kayaks. The rental guy there is selling off his kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats. Kayaks are a total blast, and might just help to keep me young ... ;-)

So ... next season ... we'll have the pick-up with two kayaks on it ... followed by the Boler with two bicycles on it ... all driven by a couple of old guys who live on ibuprofen ... hehehe

;-)
Life is good!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your story is truly one of blessing -- and maybe a reward for handling the previous day's "disaster" with grace! :-)