Pages

Friday, August 31, 2007

Canadian, eh?

Well ... I looked at a bunch more Trillium/Boler (molded fibre glass) trailers ... then emailed Norm a bunch more. I made him an offer on the trailer/tomato that would leave me with the cash to fix 'er up right ... and he took it. VERY cool.

Hey ... here is Norm's website ... axis gear.ca . He can do farm tee-shirts and caps. I am hoping to get him to do some for Willow Garden before the Thanksgiving show. He also seems like a pretty OK guy ... about to have a son born this weekend ... :-). Seems like a very nice man. Ask for a quote. What have yah got to lose!

Kate, the mother of my yet to be born second grand child came with me. She is pictured above when we stopped at a service centre for lunch ... and when we discovered that the door didn't latch right and had been flapping all during our drive. And I thought all those folks were just as excited about the new Boler as I was as they waved, pointed and gestured (politely!) at me ... hehehe. We had a fun day ... and as is always the case ... we turned something that might have been boring and simple ... into an adventure.

Notice Kate's tummy. Not QUITE as big as mine yet ... but growing ... :_)))We had some fun once we got my new toy home. Here is Kate peering through the 'bug strips' that hang on the door.And here she is ... with the sun sinking ... and my neighbour's flag in the background. The Boler was a Canadian invention ... and was made here, in Barrie, Ontario, Canada ... until 1990 ... when the factory closed.

I thought the trailer ... and the flag ... and my gate to the yard ... just looked right ... and very Canadian, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glen was very dissapointed when we thought you weren't going to get the tomato, so he will be happy when I tell him you did! Looking forward to seeing it when you come up next summer for the night!

Juliann said...

Congrats on your new tomato! It looks GREAT with the Canada flag waving in the background!
(Or is that Stephen's underwear?)

:O

stephen rouse said...

Hey Bill.... she's gorgeous! And what with your drought up there you could name her Priscilla Queen of the Desert! :-) hehe