Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

My Version of 'The Kennedy Compound'

Well ... the Kennedys have a compound ... and I decided that the Stearmans needed one as well. So ... I started a real estate search to see what I could afford. These pictures are it ... the soon to be 'Stearman Compound' ... the one that I can AFFORD! ... ;-)
So far, everything looks geat. It is a Boler trailer ... and they have become 'collectable' ... at least that is what everyone who has one for sale told me. It is also just 13' long and weighs barely 900 pounds when fully loaded.
Apparently, it sleeps four ... but I'm thinking maybe a couple with a baby would have to be the max! And everyone would have to REALLY like each other ... hehehe
Inside this closet ... there can even be a 'porta-potti' ... and a real private one at that ... hehehe
It has an almost new three way fridge ... and the stove burners work well. It carries about 60 litres of water for the sink.
I am thinking it might get painted a different colour. Right now, it just looks too much like a tomato. My daughter suggested aubergine ... so it would look like an egg plant. Mind you ... the more I look at it ... the more I am liking the red. Any suggestions?
I am being ever so slightly premature though as I still need to look at it for real. BUT ... from what I have seen ... the price is right ... and it is in better shape than most that I have looked at.

Soooo ... on Monday ... I am off to look at it ... and hopefully bring it home.

Hmmmm ... I wonder how many sheep could fit in this trailer ... hehehe

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I was wondering where you're going to put the sheep, if the Kennedy Compound is taking up the trailer hitch. Didn't realize they get to ride inside! :-)

Tammy W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy W. said...

Oh Bill - such a cute trailer.
And thinking along the vegetable line - how about painting it orange!

Kathy said...

This reminds me of the tear-drop shaped trailers I see at the car show my DH drags, er, um, takes me to. The are so compact yet very functional but are very rare.

I don't think the sheep will be riding back there...weren't they supposed to be driving YOU around?

I need orange said...

I like the red -- but the interior needs seriously new colors. :-)