Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Gang's All Here!

On Friday, August 3rd, I brought the last of my Hexham (Bluefaced) Leicesters home to Willow Garden. Again, they are from Brenda Lelli, at Beechtree Farms. I believe that I now have genetics from all of the imported sires except for one ... and I am working on him ... ;-). I also left two natural coloured rams from Brenda at Paris, Ontario ... to be shipped to Alberta.

Above and below we have Hetherington (in front below), Platinum (behind below), and Kale.
This is Platinum in front ... and Hetherington behind.
They are considerably bigger than my Shetlands, but seem very easy to handle. I compare the personalities/character/traits of my Shetlands and my Hexhams ... as being like my Border Collie and my Newfoundland Dog ... with the Shetlands having the energy of the BC ... and the Hexhams being the gentle calm giants like my Newfie.
I LOVE this shot of Brae and MacLaine ... from behind! Sure makes me think of the age old expression that I have heard all of my life ... "Nice *ss!" ... hehehe

5 comments:

Tammy W. said...

Hi Bill - love the Hexham's. Can't wait to see them up close. I will have to get a fleece off of you to play with. Let me know when you will be shearing them.

sheila said...

I've never seen your Newfie on your blog..My Newfie, Pepper, died last Fall of old age but she was the most wonderful dog you could ask for. Love your new sheep, I just purchased a Great Pry. from Brenda and got the puppy home this Monday.

Juliann said...

Wow, I wish I could get butts like that on my shetlands! Nice sheep, and attractive in their own way. :)

Nancy K. said...

All I can say is those sheep MUST have incredible fleece and REALLY nice personalities because they are SO u g l y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)

I'm happy that you're happy Bill. I will enjoy watching BOTH your flocks grow and flourish...

Maggie's Farm said...

Lovely sheep pictures. I raise Blues in Central New York. Aren't they the most wonderful sheep? Sweet temperments and fantastic wool...