Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Unable to Sleep ... Need a Solution!

While driving last Monday to deliver sheep, I got to listen to an interview with Stephen Lewis, the UN special ambassador for aids in Africa. The interview was life-altering for me. I have met Stephen twice ... and have followed his work over many years ... especially in this role.
This interview has changed my life ... beyond anything else that has ever happened to me. I cried while listening to the interview ... 'cause my heart just ached beyond belief for the children. I have been a teacher for as long as I can remember. Children are the focus of my life ... and of our existance. What AIDS and HIV are doing to the lives of children in Africa, is what keeps me awake at night.

Here is a link to the interview that has changed my life. The interview is 47 minutes long ... BUT WELL WORTH THE TIME!

In the next post ... I will tell you what I am going to do so that I CAN sleep at night ... :-) For now though ... just know that the children of a continent are crying in my ears each night ... and I WILL do what I can to make that crying stop!

No comments: