Pages

Friday, December 08, 2006

So ... Here's What I am Going to Do

I have found an organization, sanctioned by Stephen Lewis, that helps children at the time they are born ... and even before ... to give them an opportunity at life that they would never have had without my help. I can become a 'Child's Hero' ... and give that child a chance at life ... for just $75!

Unfortunately, I am not a wealthy man. I am having to be creative here. I cannot sit back and do something as insignificant as raising sheep while children are being born ... to die. Sooooo ... use this link to buy me Christmas, birthday, or even just 'thinking of you' gifts ... ;-).

And ... for every lamb/adult sheep sold as breeding stock in 2007 ... I will donate $25 toward my 'Be a Child's Hero' Project. Last year, I sold 64 sheep ... so the potential is there to be a hero to over 20 children! I know that this might not sound like much ... but ... it is something that I CAN do ... and it will make a tiny difference ... at least in the lives of the children that I get to help directly.
Besides donating the cash ... I intend to use African rivers, lakes, regions, towns, and countries as my theme for naming lambs in 2007. There will be names like ... Tanganyika ... Uganda ... and Bela-Bela. And every time someone asks what my naming theme is ... and why ... they will hear of my campaign. I'm hoping that my project will grow ... that at least one of you who read this will be as moved.

But ... even if this remains just my project ... be brave enough to live a little more by your heart. It feels so very good ... ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always good to donate as much as possible to any charity that gives people in the third world the opportunity to live. I know we've been donating to Heiffer International for years simply because as farmers it made sense to us to donate to a cause that enables people to grow their own food and pass on that knowledge within their own region.

Wish you all the best with your charity. If we end up having even a little bit more this year(and times are tight for us)we will definitely donate.

Anonymous said...

We as a group have been donating to the Stephen Lewis foundation for a couple of years now. We have yard sales etc... as a church group to collect money to send to the children.
I wish you luck in any donation's that your blog has been able to get for the children. They are what matter.
Shari

shepherdchik said...

What a neat idea! Adding the African names for your lambs is a very cool idea. I love it.