Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Gulmoget Pattern ... and away for a few days again

Here are two pictures of gulmoget pattern ewes. The gulmoget pattern has 'v' shaped eye flashes, white under the chin and on the chest, a white belly and under tail area, and white in the ears. It is my favourite pattern in Shetlands.

Above is WillowGarden Billie Holiday. Along with being gulmoget, she is also spotted. I love Billie!

Below is WillowGarden Kay Star. Kay has been artificially inseminated to Todhill Hornblower, the black UK ram. Is this not a face that can only be loved?

I have ten ewes in the US at the moment, and at least half of them will be bred to an F1 gulmoget ram from different lines all together. I'll try to get a picture of him while I am there.

I will not be back until Sunday night ... so ... don't expect an update before Monday.

:-)

2 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful weekend, and give Stephen a hug for me!

Tina T-P said...

Hi Bill - I don't know why I've missed getting to your blog, but I just read the whole thing (well, the current posts anyhow) -

Boy, that AI thing is a WHOLE lot more sophisticated/complicated than I realized - How exciting to have the whole experience documented with that camera crew.

We tried to pull our girls from Thorson today, but after days of those pleading looks to John of "Get us OUT OF HERE!" - they wouldn't budge an inch - Of course they figured something was fishy the minute I showed up, because I don't normally go out to the barn in the winter - too muddy here in the great Pacific NW and I have a tendency to slip and slide around.

Hope you are having a nice trip and from Marietta Shetlands, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! T.