Pages

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Black & White ... Black OR White

This is Bagera. She is my black and white female barn cat. There is no discussion about her colour ... she is black and white.

Tonight though, we went out for dinner with my daughter and son-in-law ... Kate and Tim. Kate is determined that I have ruined my blog by changing the background from white to black. I think the pictures look better on the black background.

When I made the switch, I lost my links. I'd like to put them back in ... but ... if I end up changing back to white, I'll just loose them again.

Help me out here people. Let me know if Kate is right and it looked better with a white background. Or if I am write and the pictures show up better on a black background.

Thanks in advance for your comments ... :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the pictures show up better. I think the type might be seen as a little wonky now -- can you try a plainer font?

Anonymous said...

White is better Dad! Just admit it! The pictures stand out more but the words just don't look good.

Just a thought!

Bill Stearman said...

How is the one on the most recent post? A better font?

Anonymous said...

Yes, better font. It's something to 'play around with' in your 'free time' on a dark and rainy night!

Nancy K. said...

I (obviously!) like the black background for pictures. On the other hand, I too had people express dissatisfaction with the white text. I think I minimized that problem by using larger text.

You've got the spaces there for adding your links. Just get your lazy butt to work and put them back in! ;-)

Bagera is beautiful!

Michelle said...

I like the looks of the black background (and would have used it for my own blog if so many others hadn't done it first!), but I agree, your type is a little difficult to read.