Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gone ... but not fogotten ... :-)

This week, my meat birds left the farm. The guy who runs the local feedmill took them to be 'processed'. He does this for several small flock farmers like me. It saves us a few bucks ... and TIME ... and likely helps him to sell a few bags of feed. It is a win/win situation. The birds will be back in about 2 weeks, but none willl be coming here. All will be delivered right after I pick them up. ALL are sold ... HURRAY!!!

The sun is shining for the first time in recent memory. I am headed out with my camera.

Tomorrow I will begin to set up breeding groups. That is my second favourite time of year ... seeing ewes with rams and imagining the lambs. Of course my favourite time of year is LAMBING TIME ... it is like a second CHRISTMAS ... just without the turkey ... hehehe.

No comments: