Pages

Friday, November 10, 2006

AI ... Part One

Well, try as I might, I can't seem to get more than a few of the pictures from yesterday's AI experience to come up in sequence. Therefore ... I have decided to spread the process out over as many entries as it takes ... :-)

This is the 15 ewes that were bred to Todhill Glayva ... waiting ... :-)
Here is a ewe strapped into the cradle. The cradle was adjustable ... but ... even at its smallest, Shetland ewes needed a bungie cord to hold the front legs as they were just not quite big enough. Prior to going into the cradle, the ewes were given some sort of a drug that 'tripped them out' for about 10 minutes. Here you can also see my two able assistants ... Matt (the kid across the road who allows me to do all of this ... wearing his NEW hat ... hehehe ), my son-in-law Tim ... and one of the Vet's from Alberta, a Brazilian woman named Latecia (sp).
Here we have my amazing son-in-law shearing the belly of a ewe in prep for the process. That was one of his jobs ... and he did it well ... :-)

No comments: