Pages

Monday, August 03, 2009

My Weekend Shingle-fling

What a GREAT weekend! Between my neighbours, my family and my friend Pete ... I got LOTS done on my home.

'We' started to shingle on Saturday as the weather forecast for Sunday didn't look good. My part of shingling was to feed folks ... after I went into a hyperventilated state the first time I got on the roof ... and had to crawl backwards to the ladder!

The rest of the 'event' is captured digitally below ... :-)

Pete, my neighbour Pete that is, and Matt, also my neighbour, did the actual shingling. (Sorry that I didn't get a more flattering view of you Pete ... hehehe)
Julie, the head of the neighbour family, helped in MANY ways. Here she is cutting the shingles for the ridge cap.

My son, Chris, helped with the screens.
Son-in-law Tim, used my new gas powered pressure washer to clean EVERYTHING!
Jason, also a neighbour, re-worked their driveway using my tractor.
Abby, the neighbours' Great Dane ... supervised ... ;-)
And me ... well ... the photo above pretty well sums up my contribution ... LOL. Mind you, we did eat well all weekend, so I DID contribute by doing what I do best ... feeding people.
Thank you to the best neighbours anyone could ever have ... and to my family (also the best a guy could ask for) ... and to Pete (hmmm ... he is pretty awesome as well!). Let's do it all again ... in 40 YEARS ... hehehe
Life ... is so VERY good ... ;-)

No comments: