Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Dogs ... and ... Some Boys I Like ... ;-)

I can hardly wait until next summer when these dogs are more mature. They are already making excellent progress, but I am still losing the odd lamb to predators! I HATE that and will be cutting back the flock this Fall to keep it to a size that can be locked down behind much electricty through the 'hungry season' for coyotes/wolves.
I LOVE this guy for his colour, crimp, and uniformity of fleece. He is WillowGarden David Niven, out of WillowGarden Opal and FirthofFifth Lassig.
This guy is out of Windwater Petunia and UnderTheSon Two Bars. He is 10 weeks old in this photo. I'm sure that he is a modified katmoget.
Here is my buddy Richard Gere, out of WillowGarden Gin and North Wind Holiday ... pictured at 10 weeks
And another scurred boy ... out of WillowGarden Cherry Bomb and WillowGarden Garnish ... also at 10 weeks.

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Polled Shetlands in Canada! Thank you Bill for your preservation efforts at Willow Garden! You will have to let me buy you a drink or two at MFF.

I'd be curious to see how the scurs look on these guys as they grow up. I'm betting the scurs on the top two will keep breaking off. They all look awesome as usual. I can't WAIT for you to see Greyson & Antonio!

Oh, can't wait to see you as well!

Jenny Holden said...

You've got some very nice boys this year. A couple of mine are turning out scurred, I suppose because Grandad is Greenholm Holly. One of mine looks just like your David Niven, but in grey!