Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Choices Are Narrowing ... ;-)

Well ... the choices for my Bluefaced Leicesters are almost made. Actually, I am leaving the decisions up to Brenda Lelli, who is the Queen of BFLs in North America ... IMHO.

Above is 85-Black, a white ewe scheduled to come to Willow Garden. Behind her is 71 - Black, a white ram making the journey.
This little girl is 80-Black, a coloured ewe hoping to make the trip.
And then, of course, there is 43-Yellow ... the guy who talked me into this in the first place ... hehehe.
Of the ewes pictured above and below ... 70-Black above, and 2-grey below ... only one will be chosen for the trip. I wish I could just bring in both ... but ... the paper work is filled in already for two rams and three ewes.

I am (not so) secretly hoping that I can bring in 70-Black. I'm not sure why ... but there is just this 'look' about her. I think that she just LOOKS Canadian, eh!

4 comments:

Carol B said...

Bill,
I have been facinated with Brenda's BFL's every year that I go to MFF. If I ever get tired of trying to breed polled Shetlands, I will get a BFL ram and cross breed my sheep. The BFL's from Brenda's flock are so beautiful. Congratulations on bringing them to Canada.

Becky Utecht said...

Congratulations Bill, you're going to love those BFL's. I've been very happy with the ones I got last year. The fleece is exquisite! And if you ever decide to do crossbreeding, the shetland crosses are fabulous. The conformation and fleece of the BFL sire combined with the hardiness of the shetland dam makes them stand out in the field. We've got three shetland mules that I'm looking forwarding to seeing how they develop. So far they are growing very quickly and their fleeces are really exciting for me as a handspinner.
I wonder if my new ewe lamb (#1 grey) is in the background behind #2 grey in your last photo. I can't wait to get her to Minnesota. And I'm quite jealous of all the nice photos you've got too. ;)

Juliann said...

Carol, don't you dare poop out on me! ;)

Bill, the BFL's are beautiful sheep. How exciting to be the first to establish a flock in Canada!

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

I'm going through all your old posts and found a photo of grey -2. I have her at my house now and my oh my is she NICE :) Thanks for not taking her :) lol