Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2007

BFLs Coming to Willow Garden?

Who woulda thought, eh? BUT ... I just love their wool, their dispostion ... and those ears ... :-)

These pictures were all taken at Brenda Lelli's Beechtree Blues Farm

So far ... I have the Canadian import permit done. Brenda's husband Mark is a Vet and he has mostly completed the US application. Now ... I wait patiently (NOT!) until Monday or Tuesday when the paperwork will all be with the USDA for approval. Import is scheduled for Monday, July 23rd, so we are working on a tight timeline. There is talk of changes in the US that might make the import of ewes even MORE difficult, so I decided not to wait any longer!
I am bringing in ... a coloured ram, a white ram, a coloured ewe, and two white ewes. I believe they will be the only BFLs in Canada, at the moment. I haven't yet seen the EXACT animals coming ... except for this dude above. I love this guy. He was a bottle baby and underneath that brown looking fleece ... he is a deep, rich, silver. Look at that face ... "Please Bill, take me to Canada, eh?". How could I say "No!" to anything that cute ... ;-)

2 comments:

stephen rouse said...

I agree....who can look at those darling faces and gorgeous EARS and say NO! LOL. Wonderful photos Bill. How exciting to hear you're getting 5. I bet you can hardly wait!

stephen

Juliann said...

Bill, that is so exciting! To think you would be the first in Canada to have BFL's.

You guys are SORELY tempting me to bring a few home myself... ;)