Pages

Friday, March 02, 2007

Winter's Last Hoorah ... I HOPE!!!

My daughter, Kate, called me this morning at 6:15. Of course, I was awake and mobile as today was a work day ... or should have been ... ;-)

I went to bed last night to blowing snow ... and awoke at 5:45 this morning to freezing rain! Everything was COVERED with a thick sheet of ice.

Kate called to tell me that all schools were closed. This RARELY happens. Often buses are cancelled, but teachers are still supposed to make it in. This time ... schools were CLOSED ... A FREE DAY! :-)

By afternoon it was so mild that the ice was melting and the sun was shining. I managed to get a few pictures of some of the ice, but it was almost all gone by the time I got out with my camera.
The only sad thing about not going to work today ... other than not getting to spend time with staff and students ... is that today is Dr. Seuss' birthday ... and I had a celebration planned for my students. I will be back in that class on Monday ... so ... we'll do a belated Happy Birthday then. Dr Seuss' birthday can NOT be left uncelebrated. The man was a genious!

:-)

No comments: