Pages

Saturday, October 07, 2006

FINALLY an update ... :-)

Well ... I realize that it has been a LONG while ... and I am not about to offer excuses. I am, however, prepared to tell you some of the 'extras' that have filled my life to date.

I received a shipment of four ewes from NB, pictured above ... along with a Great Plains Iona great grand daughter, from Woolly Shetlands.

I shipped sheep to NS ... met the trucker in the back of a parking lot, late at night, and in a situation that he could not drive out of ... soooo ... I stopped traffic in two directions (as I am SURE you all know that I can ... hehehe) ... while he backed this HUGE cattle liner out of the parking lot!

Got a ewe lamb from Nick on Manitoulin Island, and sent him some sheep ... including the Pea sisters ... Snow and Snap. I miss them a lot!

Went to Guelph for a wonderful wedding for dear friends of ours.

Helped Carole Dailley catch, evaluate, and begin to genotype her flock ... about 200 of them passed through out hands that day. Now I am inputting them into a data base. A TRUE educational experience, let me tell you!

Went to my friends' Michele and Gill Minty's farm for a meeting of the Shetland Sheep Breeders of Ontario ... and STILL have to write up the minutes for Michele to send out to members in a newsletter.

Working hard to get the ewes for AI selected ... my choices change daily. Lots of time on the phone and email arranging all of this.

The last of the winter hay is in ... and rams are SECURED ... so that I, THE SHEPHERD, will control who breeds whom ... and when ... hehehe

Had the Vet out, and with Matt (The Kid Across the Road Who Makes It Possible For Me To Do All Of This) we gave a ram a vasectomy. Think of the things Matt can add to his resume after working here ... hehehe

Auditioned for a part in a play ... Dear Santa. Got the lead role ... but had to decline/bow out as there is just NO time to breathe and enjoy ... and I WILL enjoy life. There will be other plays ... ;-)

Applied for another teaching job ... and got it. I did NOT decline this one ... Tuesday and Wednesday ... 8:10 AP through 12:10 PM. I do assessment of students for learning disabilities for half of the time ... and spend the other half of the time teaching science and Social Studies to Grade Two. The school only has Jr K through Grade Three in the building. It is a Majorly cool job ... but takes a bit of my time ... :-) So ... now, this retired guy works three days a week ... but two of the days are short ... ;-)

I'm sure there is more that I have forgotten ... but ... KNOW ... that life here at Willow Garden is indeed VERY good ... :-)

Bill

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

I'm happy to hear that all is well at Willow Garden. You continue to amaze (and exhaust! me with your incredible energy and drive.

Thrilled when I get through a day of work and manage to take a couple pictures of my sheep in the Bluff Country (REALLY excited if I actually get time to KNIT too!)....

Nancy