Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2007

WillowGarden South Lambs

SheltrgPines Agnes of Rome, produced a black gulmoget ewe (above) and a grey ram (below with the ewe), when bred to SheltrgPines Justinian, an F1 Dillan gulmoget. They are beautiful!
FirthofFirth Masala Chai had a lovely black ewe lamb when bred to to same ram.
I will get a call from senior Canadian Government officials, apparently on Monday, to tell me that the border is open for importing sheep. Then they will follow me through the process and expidite things ... or so they say.

My goal is to bring the sheep home next Friday, April 27.

This importation, which represents the genetics from every Shetland ram used for AI in the US, except for Jericho, has been a long time in the collecting ... and is a dream come true! I have worked on this ... and believed in my governement for so long ... that now that it is about to happen ... I get emotional thinking about it.

Thank you to the Canadian Government officials who FINALLY listened to me and my pleas. OK ... so maybe I wasn't the ONLY one ... but ... thank you anyway ... ;-)

And a special thank you to my friend Stephen Rouse, who has housed Willow Garden South for a LONG time ... :-)

No comments: