Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Saving Babies in Africa

Well ... I had the most pleasant surprise this morning. I got this message via email. A lovely young couple from Vermont, who I met when they drove to Ontario for the 2005 AGM, just donated the money to the Mother to Child HIV Prevention Program in my honour, to pay for ... Cameroon ... life expectancy at birth - 51.16 yrs ... people living with HIV/AIDs - 560,000 ... prevalence of HIV/AIDs in the population - 6.9%.

These wonderful people are Jen and Tim Cary of Windsor, Vermont. They have a flock of Shetland sheep (NASSA floock # 1221).

THANK YOU JEN & TIM!!!


I hope that readers of this blog remember that this year ... $25 from each sheep sold, will be donated to World Vision's Mother to Child HIV Prevention Program. And Carol Arthur and Carol Brough will match my donation ... so ... for each sheep sold, the $75CA needed to save a baby ... will be donated.

Jen and Tim, have moved my quest along to seven babies saved. My goal is to save one baby for each of the 55 countries in Africa. It isn't much ... but it is something ... and it will be REALLY something for those 55 babies and their families.
Tomorrow, someone is coming ... with a BIG truck I hope ... to buy sheep. I am thinking that even more countries will get crossed off after their visit ... ;-)

No comments: