Pages

Friday, April 13, 2007

What's Wrong With This Picture?

This is Albert. Albert is eight days old, but still ended up being a bottle baby. Turns out that he was constipated and 'went off his feed'. No matter how hard I tried, I could NOT get him to take a bottle! Thursday morning, I found him lying in the mud ... motionless ... unable to left his head ... but still breathing. I brought him in, tube fed him a couple of times and heated him up in front of the woodstove.

As these pictures show, Albert enjoyed his stay in front of the Fire.

Friday, Albert went to school with me and was a pretty popular guy.

This morning, Saturday, for the first time, he latched right on to the bottle and drank his fill! He is now outside with the flock, stealing drinks where he can. His Mom wants nothing to do with him, but he has made LOTS of friends and I'll bottle feed him out there. He sure smells better out there ... hehehe

No comments: