Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Someone Yell at Me and Tell Me 'NO!"

My DEAR friend, Liz ... keeps sending me pictures of this young cow.  The more I look at her and her pedigree ... the more I like her.  BUT ... she is bred to a horned bull ... and ... oh yah ... I have SPENT all my money on a new ram and a new bull ... :-)


I forgot to add that, at the moment, she is not even for sale ... but then neither Hollis nor Petula were for sale when I bought them ... :-)

GREAT looking young dun Dexter heifer, though, eh!!?!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

She is lovely Bill. But that I could.... Take the plunge if you can...enjoy the future.

Michelle said...

I'm more interested in the horse in the background! ;-)

Bill Stearman said...

@ Cynthia ... instead, I am going to let her owner use my polled bull with getting first right of refusal on her calf. My friend milks, so a calf would come at a young age and be bottle fed ... which = a tame cow ... :-)

Liz and Deni have Canadian Horses. They are a stunning, rare, native breed that thrives in our coldest Canadian winters.

Michelle said...

I wondered if that might be a Canadian. I've done some research into them and thought I recognized the silhouette. I would LOVE to have one!

Rayna said...

I like the silhouette of the horse...Canadian horse, you say? I may have to go look them up....

And I say that first right of refusal on the calf would be awesome for ya :) She is a good lookin' cow though :)

Unknown said...

This is the stuff my dreams are made of: enough acreage to have a real farm, a cow to milk for cheese and milk, and her babies for the freezer. Time to milk her and care for her and her offspring. About 10 Shetlands and time to spin their fiber. And the good health to do it all!