Pages

Friday, August 06, 2010

Pretty Cow ... :-)

I think that this cow is one of the prettiest Dexters that I have ever seen. I met her Thursday, at John McGriskin's farm, Dreamach Acres. John has a really nice herd, with a good mixture of black, red and dun ... unlike mine that has been just black ... up until today (Friday)!

I just bought this cow!! ... Aldebaran Hollis. She arrives early next week ... and is due to calve soon. She is bred to Dreamland Samson. Hollis is 12 years old, but should have a few good years left in her. Both her, and the sire of her calf have some nice older genetics in their pedigrees.

I have one more older dun Dexter that I hope to confirm purchase of this weekend ... Valean's Faith. She is 14 and a grand old lady ... :-). I am also purchasing two yearlings out of Valean's Faith, and Valean's Kerra, another older dun cow. Both of these are sired by a red bull.

This will have me at 11 cows, but three of them are sold, so I'll just have eight. And three of them are yearlings that won't be bred for another year. So ... I'll have 5 cows 'in production'.

LIFE IS GOOD!
:-)

1 comment:

Cathy Gallivan said...

Didn't this used to be a SHEEP blog???