Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Life Is Good!

Today, Pete and I went to "Vickie's Veggies and Friends Busy Hands Craft and Gift Sale". It was wonderful, as always ... and a great chance to re-connect with friends and to make a few new ones.

Last year when I was there, I saw my friend Terr-Lee for the last time. I met Terri-Lee when I moved to the County in 2000. At that time, she was living with cancer. Through all of the time that I knew her ... she was LIVING with cancer. And boy did she live! Always ready with a quick come back and always ready for fun and an adventure ... :-). And she was also an absolutely amazing teacher!

A year ago at this sale she gave me the biggest and hardest hug imaginable from someone so thin. I will remember that hug forever ... and that smile ... Thank you Terri-Lee ... *sigh*. Terri-Lee passed away last January ... about a month after that hug. I am so blessed to have had her in my life ... as are all who knew her.
Today, friends were selling some of her knitting and donating the money to a local charity that Terri-Lee supported. I saw this sweater ... and immediately thought of Anna! Her 2nd birthday is this coming weekend and I intend to give this sweater to her. To think about my granddaughter being excited to wear something so beautiful ... made by a beautiful friend, who would have loved to see Anna in it ... well ...

Life is just GOOD ... but I wish that I had been able to buy this from Terri-Lee.

No comments: