Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tears

Today was the most difficult day that I have had since Gene and I decided to separate. Yah, there have been some tense moments over the past year and a half as we have worked through the process. But, no tears as we worked toward what is best for both of us.


For my dogs, though, it is different. They have had perfect behaviours throughout my relationship with them. They have made an unconditional commitment to my expectations, and to their flock. Their priorities have always been to their flock, and to me. They have been, and were flawless in our relationship.
Yet ... they needed a new home if I am to run a Guest House/Farm Vacation enterprise here, as their barking just would not be conducive to this new venture, needed for me to keep the farm. So I found the most perfect farm in the world for them ... one where there are lots of my/our sheep already there. Today, they left with five ewe lambs.
Kayla especially, had no understanding of what was happening as we looked at each other through the window in the back of the truck.

As my son-in-law Tim says, Kayla ... 'It is all good.'

And soon I'll stop crying.

I love you both Kayla and Nick. Be happy!

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Bill, I'm sorry, & I grieve with you. It will be okay. Kayla is a working dog, she needs to have a job, she'll be with sheep that she knows, and she'll adjust.
So many worst fates for a dog!

Nancy K. said...

It took me 3 days to read this post. I kept crying too hard to continue. I know your dogs will be content with their charges and I wish for you MUCH joy in your new endeavor...

You are an inspiration