Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Willow Garden Update

Ok ... the update that so many of you have been waiting for ... in the Reader's Digest 'Condensed' version ... :-)
Gene and I have struggled for some time with making our relationship work. Sometimes it looked like we might just be successful, but more often it just looked like a lost cause.

A little over a year ago, we decided to separate and continue living here as friends and room-mates. That didn't go well.

Then we decided to just let it roll and see where the relationship would go and if it might grow into something positive again. We both worked hard at that ... but ... it was just not good.

Finally we both came to the realization that the best part of our relationship is our wonderful friendship and that we were losing that by staying together. So ... we decided to sell the farm and use the equity for each of us to start a new and separate life ... while maintaining our supportive friendship.

I looked EVERYWHERE for a place to move me and my flock. There was nothing near-by that would work. Finally, my real estate agent and friend suggested that I just buy Willow Garden.
So, Iris is here to help me make the announcement ... that as of today, I am sole owner of this farm, and that my sheep and I have a home ... our home.

It will be tight, and it is going to mean some changes. First off, I'm going to put in an apartment in the south-facing, very bright, walk-out basement. I'll live there. Then I will rent out the upstairs by the weekend or the week as a two bedroom suite ... a Guest House. It should work well.

So ... if you want a place to holiday ... on a sheep farm ... near sandy beaches ... wineries ... antiques stores ... craft boutiques ... art shops ... this would be the place to book.

Gene is looking at property on Monday and should have his next home sorted out shortly after that.

It is all good.

:-)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I had a feeling about your news, and I wasn't far off. I wish you the best, and hope Willow Garden continues for many more generations of beautiful Shetlands!

Sharrie said...

It sounds like you made a wise choice. Good luck to both of you. It doesn't sound like it will be easy, but there are few things that fit in that category in this life.
The love of your family should be a great comfort in the trying times that you might face.

Franna said...

Bill,
I'm glad your news is out, and you've got a direction. I wish the best for both of you.
It's nice to have grandbabies, family and the sheepie family to keep things in perspective.
- Franna

kkaci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kkaci said...

I'm so glad the farm has worked out for you! Was not embracing the idea of you leaving our fair county :-). Welcome home, truly!

Becky Utecht said...

I'm so glad you were able to buy Willow Garden and stay put, Bill. Best wishes to you and Gene as you move through these life changes. Having visited your place in the past, and tasted your cooking, I know it would be a wonderful place to stay for a week or a weekend! And doing all the sheep watching would be an added bonus.