Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

The 'Odd Boy' ... Twist

I have changed my naming theme for the year. I am naming my lambs after Martinis and their ingredients. The 'odd boy' is now ... 'Twist'. It just seems to fit.Franna Pitt asked if my mystery boy might be an Ag fawn katmoget. When he was first born, for a moment, I thought the same thing, but he has no signs of the katmoget pattern.

Then I wondered if he might just be an Ag moorit ... but he'd have to be a modified moorit, given the tone that he appears to be.
Looks like an extra breeding group this Fall just to see what he is! I continue to welcome suggestions ... :-)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I obviously know nothing about martinis, as I would never have guessed there are enough of them (and their different ingredients) for all the lamb names you need.

Twist's photos this time triggered something in my head. When I was talking to Lois about whether my black ramling could be Ag, she said she always looks at the nose leather for clues. Twist's appears to be a dusky pink. How does that compare to all the other lambs' nose leather? It seems like he would have a clearer pink nose if he is white with phaeo....

Nancy K. said...

I know what he is.

He is GORGEOUS!

I LOVE the name.

Franna said...

Okay, Bill, I stick with my original guess about Twist's color. Comparing photos (...not quite as good as in the wool....) with the kats below, don't you think he could still be Ag fawn kat with very light phaeo?
Interesting and very cool. Great name, too.
- Franna

Michelle said...

Bill, check out Suzanne's blog (http://silveraurorashetlandsheep.blogspot.com/). She just had a lamb born that reminds me a lot of Twist.

Juliann said...

Now that is absolutley wild. Just when we think we have things figured out...I think he does have a hint of katmoget about him, mostly in the face.
Yes, you must test breed him and let us know!