Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Perfect Starter Flock For Sale

Here is what I'd consider, a perfect starter flock ... and all are available for sale ... for now ... :-)White ewe lamb out of Great Plains Sarah, an F1 Minder ewe, and Bramble Nick, a non fading black with well over 50% UK genetics
An Ag gray Katmoget ewe, out of Great Plains Isabell (F1 Greyling) and V Creek Hummer, well over 50% UK and out of a lot of UK rams.
A black/white spotted ewe, out of a domestic line, and Underhill Thelonious Monk. This little girl is out of a modified coloured ewe.
A moorit krunet gulmoget ewe out of Great Plains Tisket lines and Bramble Nick.
And a spotted dark gray katmoget out of an F1 Orion ewe, and Underhill Thelonius Monk.

Now ... if someone were to buy these five ewes, then I'd let them take a ram to use for breeding, the first year that they breed. I'd suggest something out of one of my AI rams ... Todhill Glayva, or Todhill Hornblower. The ram would be available at no charge, as long as they have only my sheep on their farm ... and they keep him all through the winter ... and if they transport him ... both ways.

This flock would be a good one. Anyone interested?

;-)

6 comments:

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Oh Bill - pry open the border and send them up! What a fantastic starter flock...someone will be very very lucky!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so in love. Want farm now!

I sent an email inquiring about your fabulous idea of renting out a guest area. A man of true genius, you are!

Leslie - knitting therapist

Bethany said...

If I weren't so far away...

Kathy said...

Suzanne is right - get that blasted border open! We'd be up in a heartbeat! :)

What a nice "crop" as my grandmother would say. Of course, you and your family have had one beautiful "crop" after another...these are just following suit. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill
We were out at your farm yesterday and were so impressed - what a gorgeous operation, and seeing all of the 4h'ers was great!!
We're looking at starting a flock - please send me info on that amazing deal you have!!
We're near Picton.
michellebeaudette@sympatico.ca

Vicki Foster said...

Bill, what's it like to transport from Ontario to Alberta? Those lambs are adorable and I'm looking for new blood lines and colour to add to my flock.