Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Handling Set-Up - Thank You Carol Arthur!

Well ... on the weekend Matt and I caught all of the sheep, wormed them and gave CDT shots as needed. It was a TREAT with this handling set-up ... which came to me from Carol Arthur. Below is the section that I use to get everyone into a smaller area. I use a hog panel as a swing gate. The gates shown below just make it easier for shepherds to get where they want/need to be. The sheep are pretty used to the chute and go through it with little hesitation. I didn't use the head gate (pictured at the bottom) this time, but that small area was perfect to needle and evaluate two lambs at a time. The side gates make it easy to sort sheep into three areas. The canapy was my brain wave ... and the can of beer just is there to indicate how HOT it was while we worked through everyone.

No comments: