Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Who Is This Fat Old Man ... AND What Has He Done With Bill!

Well ... I have a job for next Fall!

When I retired from teaching in June 2005, I knew that I'd need to supply teach to live the life style that I am accustomed to. BUT ... being a substitute teacher and a farmer is NOT a great mix. When I get a call at 7 AM to work at 9 AM, it is already too late as I am likely in the middle of doing chores.

For the past two years I have been fortunate enough to get Long Term Occasional Contracts to teach for two or three days a week ... every week. It has been a perfect set-up. And both years, those LTOs where with very high needs 'special' young people. I have learned more about life and love in two years of working with these young people than I ever dreamed there was to learn. The job, these young people ... and the Educational Assistance who worked along side me ... are a gift in my life ... one that has been life-altering, in a positive way.

That job is not available next Fall.

BUT ... I got a call on Monday offering me a 40% teaching job working with YOUNGER Autistic and Developmentally Disabled children. I am sooooo looking forward to it ... and I think that at least some of my EA staff from this year will make the move with me.
One of the things needed for the new job was to send in a picture of ME ... to help the students with the transition next Fall.
Apparently these are excellent pictures ... but my question remains ...
WHO IS THAT FAT OLD GUY IN THE PICTURES? ... HEHEHE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill--Give yourself a break. I can still see a neck there and your hair would "punk" up nicely with a little gel and color. And remember you aren't the only one of us greying and finding wrinkles where none ever existed before--not to mention sags?! Your students will love you I am sure. And mirrors can be removed. I am thinking of taking all of mine out of the house soon.

Love, Karen(Who has an unltra-thin 15 year old daughter to keep her in touch with reality.)

Anonymous said...

At least he's not wearing overalls..... :0)

Juliann said...

Bill, you just gave me a much needed laugh. You are not fat, you turkey! lol!