Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

This and That ... Finally ... :-)

I'm never sure why it happens, but sometimes ... I just don't think that my life is exciting enough to blog about. That is NOT true. My life is really exciting. And if you are here, then you want to hear about it. So ... it is catch-up time.

My 16 assorted mostly rare or heritage hens are liking the longer days. About is the collection from today. Not a bad start when you figure that one of the 16 is 6 years old and 3 are 4! My neighbours and family seem pleased that 'the girls' are back at work ... :-)
I am in the midst of painting my Grandpa Flat. I was going to leave it all stark white and modern looking. It looked great ... but it didn't make me want to nestle in and fall asleep on the couch. So ... I decided to paint it all.

Luminary Yellow above ...
... Blueberry Bud ... and Terra Cotta (picture to follow).
I don't get to see Anna as often since she moved to Belleville with her parents, so ... I was thrilled when Kate called and asked if they could stop in for a couple of hours today while they waited for a Doctor's appointment.
Pete let Anna play with his cell phone ... so Anna was in HEAVEN ... and busy enough that she didn't touch the wet paint ... :-)

Lambs start in about 23 days ... hehehe

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Have a Happy Weekend!

Bill Stearman said...

Oh I will Nancy! Pete is here and we are painting and organizing sheep. My weekend started Last Wednesday and ends next Tuesday. I LOVE working half-time like this ... hehehe

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Anna with the cell phone - you should enter it in a contest