Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Shake's Group

WillowGarden Shake is an Ag katmoget, out of WillowGarden Vistabella (F2 Greyling / F2 Minder) and Lugthart Starry Champion (F1 Greyling). Since he is double patterned, I have put him with all nine of my extension dominant ewes.
The ewes in his group are all katmoget, gulmoget, or white ... but APPEAR to be Aa moorit or black due to extension dominance. Any lambs that are katmoget of Ag will NOT be extention dominant and can be kept.

I'm looking forward to great things from Shake! His brother, Dash, is still available for purchase.

3 comments:

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

hey Bill.....quick question...My Ag Katmoget ewe didn't have any color on her britch either, and a MUCH lighter face...just the badger marking and some stripes on her leg...how do you know he is Ag? Or is this his 'darkest' phase?

That dominant E gene scares the crap out of me...just when I think I understand some of the genetics then there is that gene .....if it got to the masses chaos would ensue!!

susan said...

Bill,
Can you put up a close up picture of what the morrit colored dominent extension gene ewes look like? How dark is their fleece?

I have the same question as garrett, "How can you tell that your ram is Ag Kat."

I have what I believe to be a Ag kat. I'm pretty sure his father was AgAg and he got the kat from his mom. His belly and nose fade and darken at different times of the year like his mom. Do non Ag kats fade and darken, or do their colors stay more consistent?

Bill Stearman said...

I am assuming that he is Ag/Ab based upon the fact that his ball sac and belly are both light grey. I'll try to get a better picture when I break up the groups next week.

My ED ewes will NEVER leave my farm as breeding stock. I like them a lot, but do NOT want to be the one to introduce ED to the North American flock.

ED does not seem to have anything to do with spotting, colour intensity, and modified colours. It seems to only influence things at the A locus.