Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day ... to my family ... :-)

Well … it is Valentine’s Day … and I don’t want to miss this opportunity to introduce you all to the REAL loves in my life. Sure, I love my sheep … but my family … I love them all ... beyond words!

We are a non-conventional family, to be sure … but no less ... a family … :-)

We phone each other often and get together when we can. We like get-togethers that centre around a meal … and food preparation. Our meals take a long time and are filled with conversation, compliments, laughter, good natured teasing, wine and love.

Sometimes we disagree … but always we love each other. We hug a lot … and try to end most visits or conversations with those three simple words … I LOVE YOU.

So here we are … my most amazing and totally wonderful family … :-)My wonderful room-mate Gene ... who moved to the middle of nowhere with me ... and puts up with me ... and my sheep ... ;-) Yah gotta love the man!

Me ... part of the family to be sure. Actually ... I love myself, too. It hasn't always been that way ... but ... I do love who I am, where I am, what I do, and what I care about. Too bad it took me the first half of my life to get to this point ... hehehe
My son Chris, and daughter-in-law Kerri. They live a little over two hours away in the BIG city of Toronto and have very busy lives, so I don't see them as often as I'd like to. Chris and Kerri, I hope that you know how deeply and totally I love you both!
My daughter Kate and son-in-law Tim live about 10 minutes away, so we get to see them more often. Above is Kate ... yah gotta love that smile!

Below is Tim ... who seems to make Kate smile ... ;-)

I love you both as well, and am thankful to have you close by. You must know that ... :-)
And this ... is my Grandpuppy, Sydney. She is a six month old Yellow Lab. Of course, she has stolen my heart as well. I love you too, Sydney!
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

I love you!

Dad/Bill

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You know, Bill...sometimes we have to go through the journey to appreciate where it eventually takes us. Some get to see it and others never try. It took all of your journey to make you who you are today...

And you look to have a wonderful family!

Kerri said...

We love you too!
Happy V Day...
xoxox

Juliann said...

What a beautiful family, and so nice to put faces to the names.