Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally ... an Update ... :-)

Well ... it has been a while ... so here it is ... finally ... an update ... :-)

The first weekend in February I went to Michigan to hang out with my friend Stephen and his Mom. We wormed his flock and made a list of sheep that Stephen thought he might be able to part with. It was GREAT fun.

Came home to a TOTAL winter wonderland ... and lingering frigid temperatures. I will be stocking up on aerosal spray cans if this continues ... hehehe

While stuck inside due to the chill ... I have been working hard to evaluate ewes to determine which ones I will be able to part with. Seems that I own 82 ewes ... not quite all of them are bred, but ... I still HAVE that many ewes. If lambing goes well, and I am SURE that it will ... I'll likely have 20 to 30 ewe lambs that I want to keep ... what with the AI and all.

Next year, I plan to have no more than 65 ewes ... and then 45 the year after that. Hmmmmmm ... 82 plus 30 = 112 ewes/ewe lambs. That means that I need to sell 47 ewes this summer in order to reach my goal!

Soooo ... to help me to reach this goal ... what did I DO??

I bought another ewe!!!!!!!
Meet SheltrgPines Zimbelstern ... who will be coming 'home' this Spring. Is this a sickness, do you suppose?

hehehe

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, I can see why you fell for her.... She looks like a little Shetland snow fairy!

Kathy said...

If this is a sickness, I believe we are all infected! At least we'll go happy.
I wish I had the room for that many sheep! Ah, maybe in a few years I can talk my DH into moving to a more sheep-friendly state.

Your new addition is beautiful!