Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

They Are Gone

Well ... I thought that I might be hard to say goodbye to my pigs today ... but ... let me tell you ... it was not!

My neighbour, Pete, and I wrestled those suckers into the trailer, one at a time, and with brute force. Gone were the happy go lucky creatures who would follow me anywhere ... hehehe


When we got the Disneyland (AKA Wellington Abbatoir) everyone was aghast that we didn't have a top on the trailer ... or higher walls. We used 34" hog panels, which seemed fine to me. Apparently ... when upset ... pigs can ... and DO jump. Fortunately my girls did NOT jump.
The unloading process was as strenuous as the loading process. They decided to just sit there (literally) and practice passive resistance.

When I got home, I was covered in pig poop, and boy did I stink! I have showered twice ... washed many more times ... and even used Javex on my hands. And STILL all I can smell is pig poop!


They made saying goodbye easy. I appreciate their consideration in making parting with them so easy. I KNOW they did all they did today ... just to make it easier on me.

The picture posted is their baby picture ... so cute then!
;-)

I'm headed for Michigan to help my friend Stephen get some stuff done this weekend. I'll be back on Tuesday next week.

No comments: