Pages

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hay Storage ... ;-)

Well ... I'm back. Sorry to have let things go unchanged on here for so long. Life goes on ... and there is so much good that makes moving on feel good.

I may have posted these pictures already, but ... here are my new hay storage 'buildings'.

Tuesday morning the first 110 bales of hay and 20 bales of straw arrive. My hope is that the hay and straw will fill the 'barns' to just past half way and that the ewes can go in the front to get away from the wind and rain.


Yesterday we had the remnants of a hurricane pass through (just as we were cleaning up after an early end to our yard sale ... but that is another story ... :-). Many of the girls were settled into these shelters while I got soaked walking around to see that everyone else was able to stay dry.


I have a third 'building' that I am using for my lawn tractor, garden tools, and tractor.

Time to sort sheep in the mud. I have five ewes headed for Roseneath, and four ewe lambs headed for Little Britain. I still have sheep to go to Manitoulin Island and Nova Scotia, but the flock is beginning to get to the point where all that is there is mine.


Breeding groups soon ... followed in five months by lambing ... hehehe

No comments: