Pages

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Good Things Happening to Ziek

Midhill Ziek, the polled, A2/A2 Dexter Bull that I imported from New York State late last winter has some exciting things going to happen to him ... :-)

He has bred my two wee cows, and will breed them again before it is time for the herd to go to grass.  That will give me all of his genetics that I need for right now.
So ... Ziek is sold!  Once he has re-bred my two cows, he will head to a large and prestigious herd in Western Canada, where his genetics can have real impact on the over-all Canadian herd.  The folks buying him intend to collect his semen for sale, and some straws will be set aside for my use.  This is a TOTAL win / win situation ... for me ... for the buyer ... for Ziek ... and for the Canadian Dexter herd.

I am excited and thankful.

Life is good!

No comments: