Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Dailley Flock - From a 'Shopping' Visit During Winter 2003

These are not new pictures, but since the discussion continues as to what the original imported Shetlands looked like ... I thought I'd post pictures taken of the Dailley flock in mid February so they'd be in FULL fleece.  These sheep were housed in an open barn (three sided).
 ... the white breeding group
 ... one of the pale mioget ewes that I considered for purchase
 The grey breeding group
 ... another of the ewes I was considering

 .... Iris ... a wild mioget ewe lamb that followed me home that visit ... :-)

I LOVED Iris, but lost her recently.  These are pictures of her, and of what I'll be looking for when I visit in a couple of weeks ... :-)


2 comments:

Michelle said...

A picture is worth a thousand words; thanks for the most excellent essay!

Nancy K. said...

What a treasure you lost when Iris passed...