Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Good 'Cow News'

I got the test results back for Katanna and 'Stew'.  Both are A2/A2.  The milk from A2/A2 animals is free of beta casein A1.  Apparently this is a good thing in the family milking cow world!

Katanna and Stew are both out of Earlona Petula and Dreamland Samson, with Katanna being their 2010 calf and Stew being born in 2011.

The good news is that Katanna will stay here for a good long time, and produce A2/A2 calves out of Ziek ... :-).  I am awaiting the results of colour testing for Stew.  I am hoping that he carries dun.  I expect that he will be for sale as a registered bull and not as freezer meat.  Good news for him ... but I'm left hoping for a bull calf or two from Honeybun and Ramona ... as I'll need one for my freezer in 2013.

Life is good!

No comments: